GM created these rather expensive to make welded stainless steel exhaust manifolds after encountering a severe problem with their cast iron manifolds warping when the engine is used to deliver large amounts of power as it does in a motorhome. Ultimately GM selected a different grade or alloy of cast iron that they deemed good enough to do the job and went back to the less expensive to make cast manifolds.
Permanent Topics (Static Pages)
- How to see through the Hysteria
- Lynn Shackelford’s Stolen 1970 Dodge Challenger has Surfaced!
- On Net Neutrality
- Stolen Car Notice V.I.N. JS27V0B100421 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Convertible
- Table of Contents
- About Us
- I Think Therefore I Am
- Motorcycles and Motorcycle Life
- Why Can’t We Work Together?
Things that happen. Rolling blog posts in reverse chronological order.